Dedicated to research.
The International FPIES Association (I-FPIES) is a 501(c)3 patient organization dedicated to improving the diagnosis, treatment and quality of life for those with FPIES through advocacy, education, support, and research.
I-FPIES strives to be the worldwide leader in FPIES awareness and the issues surrounding this condition. We seek to increase awareness by providing educational resources, support services, advocacy, and the development of groundbreaking research through our partnership with the medical community.
Our Goals Include:
- To take a collaborative approach to FPIES research that incorporates Allergy, Immunology, Gastroenterology and Nutrition. Through partnership and multidisciplinary research, we hope to understand the pathology and mechanisms of FPIES and ultimately discover a cure
- To bridge the gap between patient, family, and physician by means of educational materials, outreach, and medically-supported conferences. We aim to help establish earlier detection protocols paired with improved treatment options for FPIES patients worldwide
- To create more accurate, reliable testing methods for non-IgE allergies and bring non-IgE allergies to the forefront of medical interest on par with IgE allergies
- To improve treatment plans for patients affected by FPIES, derived from evidence-based, longitudinal research studies
- To decrease the stress, confusion and worry of FPIES families by providing a central place for support, information, and family-friendly education services
- To host an annual educational conference to provide updated information on current research, treatment options, and medical services while also offering forums to unite FPIES families and foster positive relationships with the medical community
- To foster enriching and reciprocal relationships with partnering foundations and the medical profession. To exchange information and sponsor programs with other public and private organizations relative to FPIES
- To link families and patients to FPIES experts worldwide and reduce the obstacles to finding treatment. To integrate multiple hospitals and medical experts internationally to complete these goals worldwide
- To solicit funding through private and corporate donations and foundation contributions for the purpose of supporting the above-referenced programs and activities